Verdicts and Settlements
- Confidential Settlement 2006 – Negligence and Product Liability – Gas Explosion
- $3,277,000 Settlement 2005 – Products Liability – Below knee amputation on assembly line
- $2,500,000 Verdict 2014 – Personal Injury – Construction Negligence
- $2,500,000 Settlement:1994 – Medical Malpractice – Overdose of Anesthesia During Surgery Resulting in Brain Damage
- $2, 500,000 Settlement 1995 – Medical Malpractice – Operative negligence on new born resulting in Cerebral Palsy
- $2,500,000 Settlement 1985 – Products Liability- Gasoline Tanker Explosion
- $2,000,000 Settlement 2014 – Personal Injury – Pedestrian in crosswalk hit by driver
- $1,600,000 Settlement 1990 – Products Liability – Gasoline Tanker Explosion
- $1,362,000 Verdict 2007 – Securities Fraud – Breach of Contract
- $1,200,000 Verdict 2012 – Personal Injury – Slip and Fall Inside Commercial Cooler
- $1,050,000 Verdict 1992 – Personal Injury – Auto/Truck Collision
- $1,000,000 Settlement 1980 – Medical Malpractice – Failure to diagnose fetal distress resulting Cerebral Palsy
- $900,000 Settlement 2015 – Legal Malpractice – Missed statute of limitations
- $850,000 Verdict 2008 – Personal Injury – Explosion
- $710,000 Verdict 2003 – NASD (National Association of Security Dealers) Arbitration – Stockbroker Negligence
- $650,000 Settlement 2004 – Medical Malpractice – Aseptic necrosis caused by overdose of prednisone
- $650,000 Settlement 2005 – Personal Injury – Crane Operator Negligence-crushed wrist
- $600,000 Verdict 1995 – Personal Injury – Auto Collision
- $600,000 Settlement 2008 – Legal Malpractice – misinterpretation of contract
- $522,500 Verdict/Settlement 2005 – Medical Malpractice – Failure to diagnose cancer.
- $500,000 Settlement 2005 – Personal Injury – Crane Operator Negligence-crushed ankle
- $500,000 Settlement 1990 – Medical Malpractice – Shoulder Dystocia at delivery
- $433,900 Verdict 2003 – Personal Injury – Fall when stairs collapsed
St. Louis Product Liability Attorney
Free Information Package
The Injured Person's Best Guide to Accident Cases in Missouri. Click to view the book or call our office to order your copy.
The Buying Car Insurance in Missouri. Click to view the book or call our office to order your copy.
Tom has represented me on a couple of matters.. Two worker's compensation cases and the accidents that caused my work injuries. He handled my cases quickly and efficiently and although they were not big cases he handled them like they were important cases. If any of my friends or co-workers get injured, I always give them Tom's name.
I was in an industrial accident, stairway collapse, and Tom handled my case against the owner of the building. When the topic of settlement came up before the start of the trial the defense lawyer mentioned a small amount, Later, Tom and I were in the elevator with the defense lawyer and Tom looked at him and said, you're going down. Watching Tom try my case and object and control the evidence was great. The jury gave Tom every single penny that he asked for. Tom and I stay in touch. I call him Big Tom.
"For nearly two decades, Thomas C. DeVoto has made substantial contributions to the continuing legal education of Missouri’s attorneys by sharing his experience and knowledge at various Missouri Bar CLE programs."